Eszter Lukacs from the IEEE will be giving a talk at Middlesex University about getting published in IEEE publications on 19th November 2014.
Eszter's presentation will touch upon the entire writing process of an academic publication, and address the questions that arises in the mind of students who are new to the realm of publishing. The session is aimed at senior undergraduates and enthusiastic graduate students - who are working on research projects and seek recognition of their research through IEEE publications.
The talks will provide an insight into the following topics:
- Overview of the structure of a scientific article, and methods for improving the writing skills,
- Choosing where to communicate – a conference or a journal? How to decide?
- A review of the editorial process will follow – the “do’s” and “don’ts” during the submission and revision process.
- Benefits of publishing with IEEE as a Student – taking the extra mile for a brighter career
- Possibilities of Open Access publishing with IEEE
- Open discussion on issues faced during the process, suggestions and sharing online resources for further information.